Understanding all about NVQ Level 5 diploma certification in Workplace Safety and Health
The NVQ Level 5 diploma is considered to be a much coveted course in Occupational Safety and Health and is quite ideal for those candidates who are presently in the position of Consultants, Supervisors, Managers and other professionals, having allotted duty of safeguarding safety, welfare and health of the employees within the organization. Through this course, it becomes possible to boost significantly the decision making capabilities and authority of the candidates that they can use towards influencing the management for altering the procedures and policies to benefit the workers. Moreover, the candidates having qualified the NVQ Level 5 diploma can play an important role to promote safety practices as well as good health among employees of the organization. They would have acquired the much necessary knowledge for implementing changes within the working conditions for improving safety features.
Who can undergo the course?
Besides the above, the course is also quite suitable to candidates, who are a part of management team or reports to the management. The candidate can make aware the management about the budgetary controls and costs implications that are present for providing employees with a secured and safe working condition.
For securing NVQ Level 5 diploma, the candidates are to establish their knowledge, understanding and skills related to the concerned subjects by having completed the mandatory ten modules. Availing this qualification can help the candidates to develop as well practice the required skills for making advancements in their career / occupation in the domain of health and safety at the workplace.
No examinations are said to be associated with the qualification.
NVQ Level 5 diploma can be easily completed within the time frame of 6 to 9 months and availing an extension of up to twenty four months.
Mandatory NVQ Units – Unit CodeUnit Title
- Unit 401 Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Unit 501 Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Unit 502 Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Unit 503 Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Unit 504 Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Unit 505 Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Unit 506 Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Unit 507 Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- Unit 508 Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice
- Unit 601 Develop and implement the health and safety policy
Professional body membership
By completing the much coveted NVQ Level 5 diploma, the candidates can become eligible towards applying for membership in few of the well established institutions across the globe.
- Institute of Safety and Risk Managers
- Inst. of Occupational Health and Safety: On completion of the NVQ Level 5 diploma course, the candidates can easily apply for membership at those prestigious IOSH at GradIOSH (Graduate level membership). On completing the open book assessment as well as undergoing IPD (Initial Profession al Development) of two years minimum, the candidates would be awarded with CMIOSH (Chartered level membership).